Kaniksu Community Health is a non-profit, award winning Community Health Center that provides integrated, team-based healthcare in north Idaho. Patients consider us their partner in healthcare, over the course of their life and the spectrum of their health needs. From prevention and wellness to medical, dental, and behavioral health. From pediatric to geriatrics, we believe that quality healthcare should be accessible, approachable and affordable for everyone.
We don’t just say it. We prove it.
• In one year we decreased the rate of patients with uncontrolled diabetes by 20%.
• We rank in the top 10% of CHC’s in the country for clinical quality.
• We report the highest level of control in the state for our hypertensive population.
The benefits of working for KCH include:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance.
• Flexible schedule, with the option of 4x10s, or 5x8s.
• Vacation and sick leave.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• 4% 401K employer match.
• In-house medical, dental, or behavioral health services.
• Year round, affordable on-site childcare at KCH Kid’s Club.
Under the direction of the CMO; provides competent primary and preventive health care within the scope of practice for which the Mid-level Provider (NP) is educationally and clinically prepared. Additionally, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides specialized knowledge and skills for psychiatric and mental health evaluation, assessment and management of patients. Strong therapy skills are essential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Providing psychotherapy for clients including individuals, couples and family therapy.
· Providing psychiatric evaluations for patients.
· Practicing in collaboration with physicians and psychiatrist in providing mental health services, including medical management for patient.
· Assessing the multidimensional needs of patients and develops and implements care plans.
· As part of the KCH PCMH Team, participates in clinical meetings, patient care
· Conferences and patient care plan coordination with the PCP.
· Comprehensive knowledge of basic principles of health, illness, and wellness including current best practice in effective delivery of preventive and primary health care in outpatient settings and health education to target populations.
· Provision of primary care diagnostic, treatment, referral and preventive services that are professionally and culturally competent, and centered on the whole person. Prescribing and carrying out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols.