Kaniksu Community Health is a non-profit, award winning Community Health Center that provides integrated, team-based healthcare in north Idaho. Patients consider us their partner in healthcare, over the course of their life and the spectrum of their health needs. From prevention and wellness to medical, dental, and behavioral health. From pediatric to geriatrics, we believe that quality healthcare should be accessible, approachable and affordable for everyone.
We don’t just say it. We prove it.
• In one year we decreased the rate of patients with uncontrolled diabetes by 20%.
• We rank in the top 10% of CHC’s in the country for clinical quality.
• We report the highest level of control in the state for our hypertensive population.
The benefits of working for KCH include:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance.
• Flexible schedule, with the option of 4x10s, or 5x8s.
• Vacation and sick leave.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• 4% 401K employer match.
• In-house medical, dental, or behavioral health services.
• Year round, affordable on-site childcare at KCH Kid’s Club.
As an Elementary School Therapist, some skills you possess might include:
• Provides competent primary and preventive health care at the schools integrated with Lake Pend Oreille School District
• Strong communication skills to connect with both adults and children
• Ability to effectively collaborate with others
• Must be detail oriented, have strong problem solving, and decision making skills
• Must possess good presentation and training skills
• Ability to work independently
• Graduation from an accredited School
• Can be cleared through the National Practitioner Database
• Currently Licensed (State of Idaho) as a BH Provider
• Working knowledge of the basic principles of health, illness, and wellness including current best practice in effective delivery of
• Preventive and primary behavioral health care and health education to low- income and special needs populations.
• Proven clinical competence and outcome-effective experience providing primary and preventive health services
• Skill in behavioral health services primary care delivery and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with patients and staff.
• Experience with school districts, rural community health care, public health principles and practices desired.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, creative thinker and a proven collaborator.
Ability to maintain appropriate clinical privileges required:
• A high level of personal and professional integrity and quality standards
• Excellent judgment, flexibility, good humor, high energy level and graciousness
• FTCA coverage obtainable
• Unrestricted license to practice in the State of Idaho
• Current CPR (BLS) certification, ACLS preferred
• Ability to be designated a Medicare and Medicare provider in Idaho
• Computer literacy and willingness to utilize electronic health records required