The Front Office Receptionist is responsible for providing excellent customer service, with a commitment to providing an excellent patient experience; in addition, performing essential clerical work in a fast-paced, productive environment. The Front Office Receptionist is the primary contact person for all patients accessing care at Kaniksu Community Health.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, and safety standards within the department.
- Provide appointment scheduling for Providers, ensuring accurate appointment time is allotted, per published protocols.
- Complete patient check-in: ensure all required demographic information is accurate in the NextGen Electronic Health Record. Collect patient insurance and payment information.
- Complete reminder calls for following day appointments and review NextGen for any alerts.
- Complete patient check-out duties: verify alerts, payments, and information are accurate before patient leaves. Schedule follow-up appointments as necessary with the primary care provider.
- Responsible for keeping waiting room and work areas neat and orderly. Assure restrooms remain free of debris and remain clean.
- Perform related work as required, full job description available upon request.
- High school diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Documented experience in Medical office administration and functions is preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain corporate confidentiality and HIPAA compliance
- Keyboarding at 35+ WPM preferred
- Fluency in word processing
- Ability to work in the absence of direct supervision
- Excellent time management & critical thinking skills
- Tact and graciousness in dealing with the public. Continuous professionalism with patients and co-workers