Kaniksu Community Health is a non-profit, award winning Community Health Center that provides integrated, team-based healthcare in north Idaho. Patients consider us their partner in healthcare, over the course of their life and the spectrum of their health needs. From prevention and wellness to medical, dental, and behavioral health. From pediatric to geriatrics, we believe that quality healthcare should be accessible, approachable and affordable for everyone.
We don’t just say it. We prove it.
• In one year we decreased the rate of patients with uncontrolled diabetes by 20%.
• We rank in the top 10% of CHC’s in the country for clinical quality.
• We report the highest level of control in the state for our hypertensive population.
The benefits of working for KCH include:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
• Tuition reimbursement
• 4% 401K employer match
• Year round, affordable on-site childcare at KCH Kid’s Club
As a PART TIME- Early Childhood Teacher a typical responsibilities might include:
• Establish and enforce rules of behavior for children in their classrooms
• Provide basic needs for children
• Provide tools and resources for children to use and explore during learning and play activities
• Adapt teaching methods and materials to meet the interests and learning styles of children
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with children and parents
• Manage classroom activities including lessons, play, breaks and meals
• Track children’s progress and report to parents
• Maintain a clean and tidy classroom
• Help children reach developmental milestones
• Collaborate with others to implement lesson plans, develop curriculum and art project activities
• Encourage children to interact with each other to develop social skills
• Provide appropriate supervision for children at all times
• Maintain inventory system for classroom materials and supplies
• Facilitate various activities for children including songs, games
• First aid: Early Childhood Teachers must have a good knowledge of child safety requirements and be up-to-date on first aid protocol.
• Excellent communication skills: As a representative of the childcare facility, you must be an excellent communication skills and be able to communicate with parents regarding updates with their student(s)
• High School or equivalent required
• At least one year childcare experience preferred
• Ability to foster a fun and safe classroom environment conductive to learning
• Strong knowledge of child behavior and learning patterns
• Ability to work with children and remain friendly, calm, and patient at all times
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to set rules and guidelines for children to follow
• Solid organizational skills and ability to maintain a tidy and neat classroom
• Desire to educate young children
• State registered with Idaho STARS and current background check preferred