Kaniksu Community Health is a non-profit, award winning Community Health Center that provides integrated, team-based healthcare in north Idaho. Patients consider us their partner in healthcare, over the course of their life and the spectrum of their health needs. From prevention and wellness to medical, dental, and behavioral health. From pediatric to geriatrics, we believe that quality healthcare should be accessible, approachable and affordable for everyone.
We don’t just say it. We prove it.
• In one year we decreased the rate of patients with uncontrolled diabetes by 20%.
• We rank in the top 10% of CHC’s in the country for clinical quality.
• We report the highest level of control in the state for our hypertensive population.
The benefits of working for KCH include:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance.
• Flexible schedule, with the option of 4x10s, or 5x8s.
• Vacation and sick leave.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• 4% 401K employer match.
• In-house medical, dental, or behavioral health services.
• Year round, affordable on-site childcare at KCH Kid’s Club.
As a Pharmacy Technician a typical day might include:
• Receiving and verifying the accuracy and authenticity of prescriptions.
• Calculating the price of prescriptions.
• Reviewing and recording patient information with their prescription in compliance with the guidelines of the General Pharmaceutical Council.
• Stocking the pharmacy with inventory.
• Receives and stores incoming supplies.
• Verifies stock and enters data in computer to maintain inventory records.
• Providing instructions to educate people on the correct way to take their medicine.
• Supporting the Pharmacist in the daily operation of the pharmacy.
• Protecting employees and patients by adhering to infection-control protocols and policies.
• Disbursing completed and confirmed prescriptions to patients.
• Answering incoming calls and fielding patient questions.
• Maintaining a clean and safe pharmacy by complying with regulations, rules and procedures.
• Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
• Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential job function.
• Competent to meet age specific needs of the patients served.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Minimum of three years' experience in the healthcare field, preferably in a clinical setting as a Pharmacy Technician is preferred.
• PTCB Certification or Registration as Pharmacy Technician in Idaho is required.
• Proven mastery of Medical terminology required.
• Attention to detail.
• Fluency in the English language as well as strong communication skills to interact with a wide variety of personalities.
• Must be willing to travel occasionally to educational and research meetings as well as training sessions.
• Personal commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
• Ability to maintain strict corporate confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
• Must be able to work under conditions of constant interruption while maintaining professionalism and composure.