Kaniksu Community Health is a non-profit, award winning Community Health Center that provides integrated, team-based healthcare in north Idaho. Patients consider us their partner in healthcare, over the course of their life and the spectrum of their health needs. From prevention and wellness to medical, dental, and behavioral health. From pediatric to geriatrics, we believe that quality healthcare should be accessible, approachable and affordable for everyone.
We don’t just say it. We prove it.
· In one year we decreased the rate of patients with uncontrolled diabetes by 20%.
· We rank in the top 10% of CHC’s in the country for clinical quality.
· We report the highest level of control in the state for our hypertensive population.
The benefits of working for KCH include:
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance.
· Flexible schedule, with the option of 4x10s, or 5x8s.
· Vacation and sick leave.
· Tuition reimbursement.
· 4% 401K employer match.
· In-house medical, dental, or behavioral health services.
· Year round, affordable on-site childcare at KCH Kid’s Club.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse (L.P.N.), a typical day might include:
· Prepares treatment rooms, positions instruments and equipment, and rooms patients.
· Performs delegated patient care and therapeutic measures within the appropriate scope of practice consistent with the clinical assistant’s education, training and experience.
· Has a commitment to creating a positive team environment and being a good team member of his/her PCMH team.
· Administers medications, gives injections and applies dressings per KCH policy and procedure for medical assistant.
· Calls in prescriptions, following written Medical Provider orders.
· Fill out laboratory and diagnostic testing requests and make patient appointments following written Medical Provider orders.
· Performs related work as required, full job description available upon request.
· Minimum Associate Degree in Licensed Practical Nursing or equivalent required.
· 2+ years of similar work or internship required.
· Experience in a community health center, public health or a community hospital is a plus but not required.
· Must be licensed to practice as an LPN in the State of Idaho
· Possess cognitive skills necessary to understanding medical instructions and identifying problems and offering solutions.
· Must demonstrate accuracy, proficiency and efficiency with computer skills for data entry.
· Demonstrate effective people skills with the ability to communicate well with patients and families utilizing tact and professionalism
· Consistent demonstration of team approach to patient care.
· Must be able to ensure that all daily actions and communication are in support of the mission, vision and values of Kaniksu Community Health