Kaniksu Community Health is a non-profit, award winning Community Health Center that provides integrated, team-based healthcare in north Idaho. Patients consider us their partner in healthcare, over the course of their life and the spectrum of their health needs. From prevention and wellness to medical, dental, and behavioral health. From pediatric to geriatrics, we believe that quality healthcare should be accessible, approachable and affordable for everyone.
We don’t just say it. We prove it.
• In one year we decreased the rate of patients with uncontrolled diabetes by 20%.
• We rank in the top 10% of CHC’s in the country for clinical quality.
• We report the highest level of control in the state for our hypertensive population.
The benefits of working for KCH include:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance.
• Flexible schedule, with the option of 4x10s, or 5x8s.
• Vacation and sick leave.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• 4% 401K employer match.
• In-house medical, dental, or behavioral health services.
• Year round, affordable on-site childcare at KCH Kid’s Club.
As a Front Office Receptionist, typical duties might include:
• Maintain established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance, and safety standards within the department.
• Provide appointment scheduling for Providers, ensuring accurate appointment time is allotted, per published protocols.
• Complete patient check-in: ensure all required demographic information is accurate in the NextGen Electronic Health Record.
• Collect patient insurance and payment information.
• Complete reminder calls for following day appointments and review NextGen for any alerts.
• Complete patient check-out duties: verify alerts, payments, and information are accurate before patient leaves.
• Schedule follow-up appointments as necessary with the primary care provider.
• Responsible for keeping waiting room and work areas neat and orderly. Assure restrooms remain free of debris and remain clean.
• Perform related work as required, full job description available upon request.
• High school diploma or GED; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Documented experience in Medical office administration and functions is preferred
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to maintain corporate confidentiality and HIPAA compliance
• Keyboarding at 35+ WPM preferred
• Fluency in word processing
• Ability to work in the absence of direct supervision
• Excellent time management & critical thinking skills
• Tact and graciousness in dealing with the public. Continuous professionalism with patients and co-workers